Sunday, January 2, 2011

Presenting: My New Year's Resolutions

I've seen about a million facebook posts and tweets about how people thought 2010 was horrible, but quite frankly, I thought it was a great year.  I started a new job, moved to a new town, made a bunch of new friends and rekindled some old friendships, and had a whole lot of fun.  So when I think about what 2011 has to bring, I can't help but get pretty excited. Here's what I already have lined up for this year: a trip to NC so see my friend Kyle from college, a possible Mexico trip with the family, a bazillion weddings for friends, making my maid of honor speech at my sister's wedding, DC Diva games(!!!), and of course, Murphy's nights with my besties :)


So with all this excitement in mind, I have decided on my (drum roll, please) Top New Year's Resolutions:

  1. Read at least one book per month - for either work or pleasure
  2. Begin my grad school quest - ultimate goal is to start classes in fall 2012, but all the school selection has to be done this year
  3. Drop one to two sizes - I lost one size in 2010, so maybe one more so I'm looking (more) fabulous
  4. Discover which fast food restaurant has the largest dipping sauce (completed thanks to the wonderful officers of the USSS - they're all equal at 1 oz each)
  5. Complete a half or full marathon - ideally the 2011 Marine Corps Marathon
 So if all of the above fail - which is impossible because I've already completed one - I at least hope to have a fantastic year and have a lot of fun. 

Happy New Year to everyone!  I hope it's a great one!

1 comment: