Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Season of Receiving

For all of us who are unlucky enough to be born close Christmas/Hannukah (thanks, Mom and Dad), you know that you have to think long and hard about what you ask for because there's no short wait between present times.  I mean, let's say your birthday is in May -  well if you decide that new blender you got to Christmas isn't so cool, you only have a few months to wait until you get another cool gift.  But us December kids, have to wait the whole 12 months and then try to come up with 2 holidays worth of gifts that will be cool all year round!

Don't judge - It's not as easy at is seems.

As December draws near, I'm starting to create my annual present power point that will be distributed to my loving family so they can pick out some cool things that I will enjoy.  When I was younger the list would easily top 50 slides, but I find the older and more independent I get, the list is dwindling and half of it is gift cards for Lowe's or something practical like furniture (ack! My younger self is cringing at this thought).  So I got to thinking, what is something practical and yet not boring and grown up? A pole.




Yes, that's right.  I am requesting a pole this year.  Here's my reasoning:

 
  • It's a fantastic workout
  • Promotes muscle toning
  • You can be the only person on the block with their own pole
  • It's a conversation starter
  • And the obvious: the current man-friend will love it



    So if all else fails and Santa doesn't come through with my iPad, side-board table, or the latest KA stand-mixer attachment, I totally want the pole.

    2 comments:

    1. I heart you Honey. My Mon'Kee couldn't believe that you would ask for a pole when I told him. Yet when I opened your blog... Seeing really is believing. :-)Happy Holidays

      ReplyDelete
    2. If you get a pole, I will be super jealous!

      ReplyDelete